Positive Parenting Discipline
PPD is a workshop designed to teach people to become a responsible, respectful and resourceful members of their communities. PPD teaches important social and life skills in a manner that is deeply respectful and encouraging for both children and adults (including parents, teachers, childcare providers, newly married / engaged couples and others)
Recent research tells us that children are" hardwired from birth to connect with others and that children who feel a sense of connection to their community, family and school are less likely to misbehave. To be successful contributing members of their community, children must learn necessary social and life skills. Positive Parenting Discipline is based on the understanding that discipline must be taught, and that effective discipline that teaches has certain criteria.
Tools & concepts :
* Mutual Respect, Love and trust.
* Identifying the belief behind the behavior.
* Effective communication and problem solving skills.
* PPD is neither permissive nor punitive.
* Focusing on solutions instead of punishment and blame.
* Encouragement instead of praise.
Unique characteristics of Positive Parenting Discipline
- Teaching adults through experimental activities.
- Creating opportunity to practice new skills and to have fun learning by doing.
- Parents, teachers and childcare providers can work together to provide a secure, consistent environment for children.
Are You Feeling Challenged?
- With Morning and Bedtime Hassles
- With Understanding why kids do the things they do
- With Sibling Conflict
- With Violence, behavioral disorders and attitude problems
- With Class management and discipline issues
- With Teens issues
- With Power struggles over homework and chores?
- With Respectful and Effective tools to replace shouting, nagging, bribing and punishing!
Join Us & learn some practical solutions
for everyday problems ...
Positive Parenting Discipline is for parents/teachers who are looking for long-term parenting skills that will encourage their children to think for themselves, become more responsible and have a greater respect for themselves and others. The teachings of Positive Parenting Discipline are filled with non-punitive, respectful methods that will incorporate kindness and firmness onto parenting, help parents/teachers get to the core of their child's misbehavior, bring more joy into home/school and give parents a sense of accomplishment.
This workshop is for Educators, Parents, Newly Married Couples, and Caregivers of kids aged 0-18.